- Tariff points: 280 points, points can be from any qualification on the UCAS tariff, but must include at least 200 points from two or more A levels, or a combination of appropriate Level 3 qualifications.
- IB Diploma: 28 points.
- BTEC L3 Extended Diploma: DMM in relevant subject(s).
- Access to HE Diploma: Pass with 18 credits at distinction in science units.
We welcome applicants with a range of qualifications from the UK and worldwide which may not exactly match the combinations shown above. Please contact the University’s Admissions Service for individual guidance.
Foundation Year entry requirements
The foundation course is designed for those whose qualifications and experience do not allow direct entry to level 4. On completing the foundation year to the required standard, you will be ready to progress to the first year of your chosen degree.
- Appropriate for those currently studying at level 3 - typical offers around 200 UCAS points.
- Appropriate for those returning to study after a break, or those with non-UK qualifications unsuitable for UK level 4 entry.
- A candidate's potential to succeed in HE will be considered as an alternative to formal qualifications by Admissions Tutors.
International students (language
If your first language is not English, you will be required to provide acceptable evidence of your English language proficiency.