Last updated on 12/12/2016 Print this page
The University provides a selection of different accommodation
types for its students living in Scarborough.
You can live in semi-catered accommodation at our Cayley Halls
of residence, based on campus, or choose self-catering in a
University-managed property. You can also choose to rent one of the
many private sector houses available in the town.
Before you choose where you would like to
live, it is important that you consider the following:
The type of person you are
- When do you prefer to go to sleep/wake up?
- Do you like mixing with large groups of people?
- Can you share space with other people?
- Do you have any disabilities/additional needs?
- Do you have any specific dietary requirements?
- Are you a quiet or social person?
The area that you will be living in
- Does your course demand late lectures/commitments at
- Your financial situation – rents vary according to property
type and room features.
- How long you plan stay in Scarborough – contract lengths
It is worth considering these as you browse the different types
of accommodation on the following pages. For example, if you do not
like large groups of people, you would be more suited to a room in
a student house rather than a large hall of residence..
The first decision you need to make is whether you want to live
in catered or self-catered
accommodation... please click an option below.