Accommodation Scarborough

Accommodation Scarborough

The University provides a selection of different accommodation types for its students living in Scarborough.

You can live in semi-catered accommodation at our Cayley Halls of residence, based on campus, or choose self-catering in a University-managed property. You can also choose to rent one of the many private sector houses available in the town.

Before you choose where you would like to live, it is important that you consider the following:

The type of person you are

  • When do you prefer to go to sleep/wake up?
  • Do you like mixing with large groups of people?
  • Can you share space with other people?
  • Do you have any disabilities/additional needs?
  • Do you have any specific dietary requirements?
  • Are you a quiet or social person?

The area that you will be living in

  • Does your course demand late lectures/commitments at weekends?
  • Your financial situation – rents vary according to property type and room features.
  • How long you plan stay in Scarborough – contract lengths vary.

It is worth considering these as you browse the different types of accommodation on the following pages. For example, if you do not like large groups of people, you would be more suited to a room in a student house rather than a large hall of residence..

The first decision you need to make is whether you want to live in catered or self-catered accommodation... please click an option below.

Catered Self-catering
Accommodation code

Back to top