• Choose a course
  • Apply
  • What happens next
  • Get help
  • International

Choose a course

Explore our undergraduate programmes on the course pages.

For Hull York Medical School (HYMS), please visit the HYMS website.

Some of our programmes may also be studied part-time.

The University offers an Undergraduate Foundation programme which is designed to prepare International students, who have completed senior secondary education, for entry to undergraduate studies. Further information is available from the OnCampus Hull webpage

Entry requirements

Our entry requirements can be found on the course pages. For further information about the range of qualifications we accept view the following list. For international students, find your entry requirements on the country specific pages and also check the English language requirements.

We consider a large range of UK and international qualifications and experiences and therefore always check with us if your qualifications are different to the ones listed on our website.


Click on the link below to apply online through the Universities and College Admissions Service (UCAS) for full-time undergraduate courses. (Applicable for Foundation degree and students applying for year 2 or 3 direct entry as well.)

Use our institution code: H72 and for medicine (HYMS) use: H75

Apply now

International and EU students

If you would like assistance with the application process, apply through one of our representative in your country. If there is no representative in your country and you would like help with the application process, send us an email: 

If you want to come to Hull for a semester or a year as an exchange student from your home university, follow the application process on our Exchange and Study Abroad page.


We accept applications all year round. We recommend, however, that you apply as soon as possible, ideally before 15 January.

Applications for Child Nursing and Midwifery must be received by 15 January.

For Medicine, your applications must reach UCAS by the 15 October of the year before the course starts.

In order to guarantee entry to the University, you must have met all the conditions of your offer by 31 August.

Personal statement

Your Personal Statement plays an important role in your application - it is the only part of the form where you have the chance to select and emphasise information about yourself in order to 'sell yourself' well. Please make sure that the information you provide is true, complete and your own work. UCAS operates a dedicated Verification Team that screens applications for false, missing and/or misleading information.

UCAS Extra

If you have used all your five UCAS choices and have not received any offers UCAS Extra allows you to make one additional choice*. UCAS extra is available between late February until 30 June. Please check the UCAS website for up to date information on which programmes are available to apply for in UCAS Extra.

*It is unlikely that you will get an offer by reapplying to the same department through UCAS Extra.

What happens next

UCAS Track

After you’ve submitted your application, you can see how it’s progressing by logging into UCAS Track. You can start doing this after you’ve received your welcome email. Further information about Track and how to login to Track, visit the UCAS website.

Get help

Contact us

If you have any questions about how to apply to the University of Hull or would like to speak to someone about your application, get in touch with us so we can assist you. You can contact us by email, phone or online chat. We are always happy to help.


There are lots of ways that you can contact UCAS if you have questions about the application process. There are videos you can watch, FAQs, guidance on writing your personal statement and more. Go to their website and find the method that best suits you.

Undergraduate Admissions
+44 (0)1482 466100

International Office
+44 (0)1482 462190

Nursing, midwifery and allied health

Undergraduate programmes:
+44 (0)1482 466100

Post-qualifying programmes:
+44 (0)1482 463103

Hull York Medical School
+44 (0)1904 321782


Visa applicants

If you need a Tier 4 visa to study in the UK we recommend that you apply at least three months before your course start date to allow the minimum time to complete the University and Home Office Tier 4 visa processes. In most cases the Tier 4 process takes at least three to four weeks.

We regret that the University will not be able to sponsor students who will be under 17 years on entry for a Tier 4 visa.

We cannot sponsor a Tier 4 visa for part-time study. If you would like to study part-time you must have a visa or immigration status that permits you to study and that the University finds acceptable. Further information about Tier 4 student visa can be found in the Frequently Asked Questions page and on the International student pages.

English language proficiency

If you need a Tier 4 visa to study in the UK and/or your first language is not English you will need to show evidence of your English language level. Check our English language requirements page to find out the range of qualifications we accept and the level you will be required to achieve.

If you do not meet our English language requirements you can do one of our English language courses before the start of your degree. Depending on your level of English, you can take a four-month, nine-month or 12 month pre-sessional UHELP course. Alternatively, if you just need to brush up your English, we offer a short 4 or 8 week summer study programme.

ATAS certificate

If you have applied for a science and technology programme you may need to apply for an ATAS certificate. Your offer letter will say if you need one. See our ATAS Frequently Asked Questions page for more information.

Back to top