Money Matters

Coming to visit us? We'll help with your travel costs

We want you to make an informed decision about where you're going to spend the next three or four years of your life, so we'll help pay for your travel costs to come and visit us before you decide.

The Travel Grant is available to all UK applicants who attend a clearing visit at the University of Hull and live more than twenty miles away. You don't need to apply for the grant in advance, and no travel receipts are needed.

The value of the grant will be based on shortest route from your home address to the University, and will be paid at the following rates;

Distance from the University Grant
Less than 20 miles £0
20-69 miles £30
70-149 miles £50
150 miles or more £100

The University of Hull Travel Grant will be paid directly into your bank account (typically within 10 working days of your visit). You just need to fill in a quick form on arrival.

Please book your visit, if you have not already done so.

If you would like any further information please contact the Access, Funding and Support Office at

Student Finance and Scholarships

The standard tuition fee per year for home students who begin studying an undergraduate degree in September 2016 will be £9,000. Eligible Home students receive a Tuition Fee Loan to cover the full amount, plus a Maintenance Loan of up to £8,200 to contribute towards living costs.

In addition to this, we offer four different financial awards to our first year undergraduate students. You will receive just one award; the highest value award that you are eligible for. Use our quick guide to check which you might be entitled to, then click on the name of the award for full details:

  Studentship Excellence
Achievement Scholarship
Value  £2,100 £2,100 per year (£6,300 in total) £2,000 £2,000 in first year, £1,000 each in second and final years (£4,000 in total)
Length of award First year only Three years First year only Three years
Criteria Household income of less than £25,000 per year AAB at A-Level or equivalent
Household income of less than £42,600
300 UCAS Tariff points from three A-Levels or equivalent 380 UCAS Tariff points from three A-Levels or equivalent

Applicants for the courses below may have different funding arrangements:

Your Student Finance Application

If you've already applied for student finance but have changed your course or university, you need to let Student Finance England know as soon as possible. Just log into your account at and go to: Your Account > Change your application > University/college and course

If you're an EU student you need to update your details by downloading the EUCO1 form.

If you haven't applied for student finance yet you'll need to do that as soon as possible. Apply online at 

Back to top