University of Hull Bursary
What is it for?
To help those least able to afford any
remaining up-front costs.
In order to be eligible for the
University of Hull Bursary, students will need to register for
a full three or four-year degree programme. Registration for
partial awards will make students ineligible for the
How much can I get?
This is a one-off non-repayable award of
£3,000 given in your first year of study to all those with an
annual residual household income of less than £25,000.
University of Hull Bursary Options.
In addition to a £1500 fee waiver, ONE of the following options (each worth
£1500) is available to each bursary awardee in 2012/13
- Further fee waiver of £1500
- Cash of £1000 plus further fee waiver of £500
- Cash of £1000 plus Accommodation Discount of £500
- Cash of £500 plus Accommodation Discount of £1000
- Accommodation Discount of £1500
- Cash of £1000 plus Food to value of £500
- Cash of £1000 plus IT support package worth £500
How do I apply?
You will be automatically considered for this Bursary and do not
need to apply directly to the University, as long as the 'consent
to share' box on your Student Finance England (SFE) application
form is ticked.
Please note: Contact SFE
directly on 0845 300 50 90 if you have un-ticked this box in
When do I pay it back?
You don’t - The University of
Hull Bursary is not repayable!
Under the National Scholarships Programme we regret the
following groups of students are ineligible for University
bursaries and scholarships. Visit HEFCE for
National Regulations – ineligible students
- Students who fail to submit information to permit calculation
of RHI or whose assessment gives RHI of £25,000 or more p.a.
- NHS funded students
- Students directly continuing from one course to another (for
example from foundation degree to HND onto the second or final year
of an honours degree)
- Students transferring in from another institution
- Students undertaking a postgraduate qualification
- Students from Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland, Channel
Islands or Isle of Man
- Part time students studying at less than 25% intensity of the
- Any other student whose fees are paid or part paid through a
- Students on courses funded by NHS, including those on Social
University Regulations – ineligible
- Any student not paying £9,000 per year tuition fee (including
pro rata p/t)
- Foundation year students (can be considered on entering the
‘first year’ of their degree)
- Foundation Degree students
- Students awarded a Vice Chancellor’s Scholarship
Eligible students are entitled to either the University of Hull
Bursary or University of Hull Scholarship, students cannot receive
Page last updated by Elaine Warrener on