Student Administrative Services

Confirmation of your Status as a Student

We can provide an official confirmation of your status as a student, or "status certificate" if you are a current, registered student. We can produce one while you wait at the Ask HU desk on the Second Floor of University House, or you can email us your name, registration number, programme of study, and home address, and we can send it out to you.

If you are a former student with us we are not able to provide a status certificate, but for a small fee we can instead provide you with a transcript of your results or a proof of study letter.

Status certificates should not be used to support an application for council tax exemption. Please see the Council Tax Exemption page for further guidance on how we can provide the relevant information you need in such circumstances.

Back to top