Last updated on 4/14/2014 Print this page
Please see the 'Hull Travel Information' menu on the right for
Hull Paragon Interchange is in the city centre and provides
easy access between rail, coach and local bus services all under
the same roof. A taxi rank is located outside the main entrance of
the station that will take you to the University or halls of
Buses are available from
Paragon Interchange to the Hull campus on
average every 10 minutes during the day. It will cost
approximately £1.60 for a single fare (price correct as at May
Check out the EYMS
(East Yorkshire Motor Services) website for all available bus
timetables between the University of Hull (including halls of
residence) and Hull City Centre.
Coaches to Hull are available via
National Express and link with other national and European
services. The coach terminal is located next to the rail station.
Coaches to London terminate at Victoria Station.
There are taxis available
Paragon Interchange as you go out of the front of the
railway station. A taxi will cost approximately £5 from the train
station to the University.
For those arriving by car, there is a series of 'University'
road signs that will direct you to the campus and halls of
residence, depending on the direction you're arriving
Travelling to the Hull campus via M62 & A63
- Take the A15/A164 Humber Bridge exit, just after the Fuel
Station on the left. At first roundabout go straight on. At second
roundabout turn left onto the A164 following the sign for
- At next roundabout go straight on. Swanbridge Veterinary
Practice will be on your right.
- After 2.3 miles the next roundabout will appear (The Ketch Pub
will be on your right). Go straight on, passing a fuel station on
- At next roundabout go straight on. Total Fitness Gym will be on
- At the next roundabout turn right onto Castle Road following
signs for Castle Hill Hospital.
- Drive to the end of Castle Road, passing the hospital on the
left. At the bottom turn left at the mini roundabout.
- Turn right at the next mini roundabout onto South Street. Go
straight ahead at the lights
- Go straight at the next mini roundabout, passing The Railway
Pub on your right and over the level crossing.
- At the next roundabout turn right onto Hull Road. Bear left
remaining on Hull Road (B1233), passing the West Bulls Pub.
- At the next roundabout go straight onto Cottingham Road.
- Go straight ahead at the lights. The University and main
entrance are approximately 0.25 miles on your left.
From the A1079 from York
- Go through Bishop Burton, passing the college and the
Altisidora pub on your left.
- Continue to a roundabout, take the 3rd exit, signposted 'A1079
- After approximately 1 mile, this becomes a dual carriage way.
Half-way along there is a left-hand turn (slip road), signposted
'Cottingham/Beverley': take this exit.
- At the end of the slip lane, turn right at the t-junction
- Follow the road to a large roundabout and take
the first turn left, signposted 'Cottingham/Hull' (also 'The
- The road gradually slopes downhill and you will pass a school
on your left, followed by some houses.
- At the small roundabout with the police station on the left,
you are at The Lawns.
- Continue straight ahead and you will see signs for 'Needler
Hall'. At the next roundabout, you are at Needler Hall.
- Continue straight over the roundabout, past the BP petrol
- Go over railway lines.
- Follow the road straight ahead (road curves twice).
- Go straight over the next roundabout; you are now at Thwaite
- Go straight across the next roundabout and follow the road
- You will pass the Westbulls pub on your right, continue
- At the roundabout (Lloyds TSB on your left), go straight
- Pass the Goodfellowship pub on the right and McDonalds on
the left; go straight ahead.
- Through the next set of traffic lights, go straight ahead for
- Arrive at the University of Hull (Taylor Court & Student
It's an easy, flat 20-minute ride from the Paragon
Interchange to the campus. It's a similar distance and easy
route from the campus to Cottingham
where the main Halls of Residence are.
Hire bikes are also available from the
Air and sea travel
Regional sea port facilities
and airports at Manchester,
Leeds/Bradford and Humberside can
transport you to Hull from a wide range of locations around
Europe and abroad.