Hull University Union
Last updated on 8/29/2014 Print this page
Hull University Union, run by students for students, is one of
the most active students’ unions in the country, with over 150
active societies It's the hub for social activities and support at
Hull and Scarborough.
Joining one of our clubs and societies is a great way to meet
like-minded people of similar interests
- In 2012 it was crowned
'Higher Education Students' Union of the Year' in the NUS
- In 2013, the Union was named one of the safest
Students’ Union in the country and one of only six Students’
Unions across the country to achieve a coveted Gold Standard at the
Best Bar None Awards 2013.
- The Hull University Social Services Organisation (HUSSO), based
in the Union, is the largest voluntary group in the region, and was
awarded the Queen’s Anniversary Trust Gold Award for Community
Service in 1992.
- We're constantly developing our facilities and services – for
example, the 'Millennium Makeover' is an ongoing project completely
transforming our building at the Hull Campus.
- 'Asylum', our £3.5 million nightclub, features regular live
acts, plus special appearances. It was voted ‘Best Student Union
Venue’ in 2003 by the British Entertainment and Dance
- We also have a strong campaigning role, fighting for students
and raising issues that affect them directly, both within the
University and nationally.